Sunday, January 29, 2012

Got a replacement speedo for my Audi A4 1999, how do I adjust digital mileage so it matches old speedo?

Basically my old speedo stopped working, managed to get another one from a off the shelve type of scarp yard but apparently its got alot more miles on than my original one. Does anyone know how i can put this right???Got a replacement speedo for my Audi A4 1999, how do I adjust digital mileage so it matches old speedo?You don't.

I think that you can get some sort of official sticker outlining the differences.

You could of course cheat with an elextric drill attached - but that is illegal.



Just a thought, I had a speedo problem once, it stopped working altogether, however it was not the sppedo that was wrong, it was the drive pin in the gear box.



Basically, the speedo (on my old chevette), was linked by wire to a hole in the gearbox - the end of this has a cog like barrel on it which was driven by the gearbox wheels. The cog had become stripped - it was only plastic.

Bought a brand new one for pence, replaced it and jobs a good one.



Got this lot of info from a Haynes manual.Got a replacement speedo for my Audi A4 1999, how do I adjust digital mileage so it matches old speedo?
Bad answer. You absolutely CAN do this through a specialized automotive electronics shop in your area. It's Legal. I've done it. It's cheap and easy and perfectly legitimate. Dealers do it all the time.

5 minutes of research will tell you.

Report Abuse

Got a replacement speedo for my Audi A4 1999, how do I adjust digital mileage so it matches old speedo?Of course you can do this. I've done it. Costs about $40. Find a local speedo or auto electronics shop. Call around and ask if they can do this. Usually local dealers have such a place on retainer and you can find out from them where to go. These shops have a computer hookup that allows them to match the mileage from your old unit to the new one. Keep the documentation they supply that shows exactly what was done. I recommend you keep the old unit too, in case you ever sell the vehicle it helps to show a buyer that the old unit matches the documentation.



These shops MUST have your current speedo AND the replacement, otherwise they assume you are trying to roll back your mileage and will refuse.Got a replacement speedo for my Audi A4 1999, how do I adjust digital mileage so it matches old speedo?
can't be done.Got a replacement speedo for my Audi A4 1999, how do I adjust digital mileage so it matches old speedo?U'd need to take a trip to your local Audi dealership and have them run a diagnostic over the cars Engine management to calibrate the new speedo to the cars correct mileageGot a replacement speedo for my Audi A4 1999, how do I adjust digital mileage so it matches old speedo?
First of all you got to find the person that do adjust the mileage usually someone that decode car radios or auto electrician have the software to adjust the digital mileage,all you have to do is write the original mileage down and take the (new speedo)to the person and have it done easy as.been there and done it.
If you had a new speedo, so the miles were shown too low, everybody would believe you without question when you tell them the true mileage. Unfortunately the reverse isn't possible due to human nature. You need to get it done by an Audi Dealer. NOTE if the old speedo is unreadable they'll have to guess the mileage from service records (or MOT in UK) and you will not be able to declare true mileage any more.
  • used boats
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment