Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How effective is the audi a4 in snow without quattro?

im looking at a 2007 audi a4 and i know the quattro is really good on snow but without quattro how good can an audi a4 handle snow.How effective is the audi a4 in snow without quattro?Very effective - low clearance, You can go from 65's to 75's in the winter to get a little more hieght.How effective is the audi a4 in snow without quattro?I live in North-east and used to own a 1997 A4 quattro...amazing car in snow...moved to TX traded it in for 2003 FWD A4 thinking I didnt need quattro anymore!! Big mistake!!

Ended up moving back to NE with it and the first winter here I really missed my Quattro. Was really struggling with the all season tires. Then invested in Blizzak snow tires. With the Blizzaks it did a decent job in snow. Its not a Quattro but it wont leave you stranded.

Based on my experience with both cars .... if you live in an area that gets a lot of snow go for the Quattro....I think you would regret it otherwise...I did. If on the other hand you dont drive too often in snow the A4 with snow tires will do fine. (FYI after 12 years of driving Audis I am about to trade my Audi in for Subaru mainly because I want an AWD drive sedan that doesnt break the bank. I know I will miss the way the Audi drives but I will not miss the high repair bills!)How effective is the audi a4 in snow without quattro?I have an A4 that is only FWD. Handles just fine in the snow, and my tires are even pretty worn. If I invested in a nice set of snow tires, I think it would be REALLY good in the snow, even without quattro. If I had to do it again tho, I would NOT buy an Audi without quattro, and if you're in the market, it's worth holding out for a car that has it, it's that good. With that being said, if you don't have it, you'll do just fine in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment