Sunday, January 29, 2012

How to Repair 1988 Buick Century Headliner?

Ok so the headliner is sagging on my sisters 1988 Buick Century. She has tried a lot of different things to fix it but nothing has worked. I'm about to redo the whole thing, but before I do I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. She has tried 3M's headliner spray on glue, velcro, staples, and a few other ideas. What do you guys have for me?How to Repair 1988 Buick Century Headliner?There's nothing you can do for the fabric bud. The foam lining which the fabric adheres to is deteriorated. If you want the headlining to look nice, any quick fix you try will look like heck. You can lay new headlining material onto the original board. A dedicated fabric store will have the foam-backed material in several colors. Yours is probably blue I'm guessing? I have redone several older design headlinings( each cost the customer about $20 in material and adhesive and I charged $80 a job), and the procedure was not overly difficult, just time-consuming. You can do it for cost of fabric and one can of the 3m adhesive. Peace and good luck.How to Repair 1988 Buick Century Headliner?take car to an auto upholstry shop and get estiamte to repair or replace headliner...it usually is not to high priced...I had mine done 2 years ago for $180.00



its a lot of labor to remove the headliner in order to lay fabric properly...



if your tight on money...go to parts store and buy a can of spray adhesive and poke a few holes randomly and spray and glue a few spots just to keep out of your hair...if you dont car how it looks and or the car is a pos...

No comments:

Post a Comment