Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Help! I have a 2003 Audi A4...The fuse for the reverse lights keep blowing out, What can I do?

Every time I put a new fuse in it instantly blows. No other problems with electrical, just no lights when I put in reverse. It is a 5 speed.Help! I have a 2003 Audi A4...The fuse for the reverse lights keep blowing out, What can I do?Does it "instantly blow" or not until you put the car in reverse? Is this with ignition on or off? If instantly, the problem is between the fuse block and the reverse switch in or above the transmission. If not until you put the car in reverse, then it's between the switch and the bulbs. Are the lights in the trunk lid or do they stay put when you raise the trunk? if they move with the trunk lid, check for a pinched or bare wire near the hinge point in the cable. You might check this out and repost or if you can find a way, zap me a note and we'll keep looking.Help! I have a 2003 Audi A4...The fuse for the reverse lights keep blowing out, What can I do?put in a higher amp fuse, it should be fine. if it requires a 10 amp, put in a 15.Help! I have a 2003 Audi A4...The fuse for the reverse lights keep blowing out, What can I do?You will need to find out where the short in the circuit is. Check where the bulbs are located and see first of all if there is any water inside the housing. If the bulb is submerged in the water then this could cause it.



The next thing you could do is remove the bulbs and see if the fuse continues to blow. If it does not, then it was one of the bulbs.



If you have access to a multimeter, check to see of you have a direct short to ground. If not, then something else is causing the blown fuses.



What bonnye k is suggesting is NOT SAFE. NEVER put a larger fuse in to try and solve the problem. That fuse was sized to protect the wiring in your car. If you place a larger fuse in the socket the wires could get hot and start a fire! If a fuse blows every time, there is a problem that needs to be fixed. That is why the fuse is there!Help! I have a 2003 Audi A4...The fuse for the reverse lights keep blowing out, What can I do?
don't just put a higher rated fuse in it. find the root cause. maybe a voltage spike or unwanted resistance somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment