Sunday, February 26, 2012

How do I disconnect the rev limiter on my 1998 Buick Lesabre?

I noticed it doesnt rev past 4k after I did a tune up on it. It runs great and I probably havn't driven past 85 mph since I purchased the car but I am not going to break any laws to see if there is one on it.



Or, is a rev limiter just for when you are at idle to keep people from reving up their engines and making excessive noise.



Thanks for all answers.How do I disconnect the rev limiter on my 1998 Buick Lesabre?the rev limiter only works when the car is in park or neutral, it's on there to protect the engine from damage when the engine is cold.How do I disconnect the rev limiter on my 1998 Buick Lesabre?The rev limiter is built into your computer and you cannot disconnect it. It shuts off your fuel pump until the motor slows back down. If you are driving and you can only get the car up to 4k and it runs great that means your transmission is working properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment