Thursday, February 23, 2012

I have a 1986 buick century that sometimes dies after initial startup or when it is put in gear. Other times n

Sometimes it does this other times it stays running fine. Any ideas where to start would be great. Thanks. It is a 2.5 4 cylinder.I have a 1986 buick century that sometimes dies after initial startup or when it is put in gear. Other times nMy father had one and most of the problem was that it needed the carburetor to be rebuilt.The float sinks and allows too much fuel into the intake when comming to a stop sign and it dies, or it just dies trying to take off.Also correct all vacuum hose leaks in the engine compartment and it should perform a whole lot better.I have a 1986 buick century that sometimes dies after initial startup or when it is put in gear. Other times nThe motor has probably lossed compression,I had a pontiac 6000 that did that just before she died for good.I have a 1986 buick century that sometimes dies after initial startup or when it is put in gear. Other times nthe car has a carbuerater,,,and when the engine is not warm enough it will do just what you describe. Doesn't seem like a problem to me. Just let the engine get warm.I have a 1986 buick century that sometimes dies after initial startup or when it is put in gear. Other times n
replace the idle control unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment