Thursday, February 23, 2012

I should I replace the intake manifold on my 1997 buick lesabre?

Its leaking oil so I was just gonna replace the gaskets but when i read the reviews i decide to replace the whole intake manifold.I heard alot of bad reviews saying that the original is made of plastic and it melts causing it to leak antifrezze. Resulting in damaging the motor.I should I replace the intake manifold on my 1997 buick lesabre?You are correct regarding the intakes are made of plastic. I HIGHLY recommend replacing it. You're going to have it off anyway, so why not?



Also, the aftermarket product made by Dorman is a better intake than the factory one is. We install many Dorman intakes on our customer's cars and they don't come back with the same problem again.I should I replace the intake manifold on my 1997 buick lesabre?Replace itI should I replace the intake manifold on my 1997 buick lesabre?Remove the intake and if its good then just change the gasket. rember to torque the bolts or it will leak.I should I replace the intake manifold on my 1997 buick lesabre?
what you could do, is take the intake off and run a straight edge across it, to see if its warped, but if your going to change it, what about a edlebrock.

No comments:

Post a Comment